Kristin Conard is a freelance writer and writing instructor in California by way of Kansas, New Mexico, England, and New Jersey. As a child, she wanted to be a librarian, because she thought that the librarian was the one who got to write all the books in the library. Her obsession with reading and writing has continued, and when she is not grading papers and lesson planning, she is working on a collection of essays and planning her next trip.
Her published writing includes a co-author credit with her brother on the Kansas Trail Guide: The Best Hiking, Biking, and Riding in the Sunflower State along with travel essays, reported features, service pieces, book and gear reviews, and children’s poetry.
- Guidebook on the trails of Kansas along with a companion website on the best of Kansas on and off the trail: kansastrailguide.com.
- Published by University Press of Kansas in spring 2015.
- Departures; Condé Nast Traveler; BBC Travel; Travel+Leisure; GoGalavanting; Matador Network – Abroad, Brave New Traveler, Change, Goods, Nights, Trips; On A Junket; Elevate Difference.
- Adventure Sports Journal, up!, Destination Weddings & Honeymoons, Bespoke, Westways, Draft, Latitudes, New Jersey Monthly, New Mexico Magazine, The Latest 7, Upper Room Publishing.
- The Rural Messenger, The Manhattan Mercury, The Salina Journal
Print articles will open as pdf files. Online articles are linked to the original post.